Saturday 12 April 2014

Easter Holidays

How can we make the most of the holidays?









Its been a long old term so it was a great relief to wake up this morning and realise I've got a 17 day break from the classroom!

I love teaching and I love my job however it is always good to have a break in order to evaluate what happened in the last term, recharge the batteries and prepare for the next term.


Over the Easter break I hope to achieve the following things,

  • Attend the ATL conference and make the most of the professional networking opportunites.
  • Read the two remaining topics of the masters module and start writing my assignment.
  • Fully update pupils levels on Incerts.
  • Prepare quality mid term plans for the next half term.
  • Chill out and relax!

If I can achieve all that then it will have been a successful break and I can look forward to the start of next term.



The Past Term

Over the last half term the learners have started to complete work on geography in Wales, focussed on thinking skills in maths and competed as teams in the PE Cup. I have had the challenge of teaching the whole class on a more regular basis which hopefully has led to improvements in my teaching.


Star: - The school trip to a power station
Wish: - Make better use of the great teaching assistants I have in my class

The Term Ahead

I want to communicate better with the teaching assistants in my class ensuring we do everything possible to give learners the best learning opportunities. The term itself is very short but very busy. We have the literacy and numeracy tests to look forward to and hopefully learners can cope with the new reasoning test. Following that we have a trip to Glan Llyn and I need to level all the Year 6 learners ready for transition. Exciting times ahead....

No comments:

Post a Comment